Sunday, December 31, 2006

Subdivision made visible

I'm currently working on stroking, and trying to come up with a decent algorithm for that stuff. The big problem here isn't really how to code stuff, but rather what things should look like.

Anyway, in order to visualize some problems for myself, I draw a stroke around a stroke. Then I got the idea that if I modify it a little bit, line segments will become visible, and I kinda liked what the result looked like, as it nicely illustrates the bezier subdivision done.

So in the picture below, there is a cubic bezier, which is subdivided into line segments. Then each of these line segments is made 15 pixels wide, and filled with white. Finally those are stroked with a black outline, which makes each individual segment clearly visible.

No comments: