Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Lore - simple regex library for C++

I finally got tired of not having an incremental (character at a time), linear-time (wanted predictable time and space complexity) regular expression library in C++ that I could use in various situations (from text search to input validation to lexing tokens to whatever else).

Maybe there is already a better library for this, but it didn't seem like any of the "usual suspects" could really full-fill my requirements (either they are exp-time, need the whole input at once, or quite commonly both), so I decided to port my older (in custom Lisp) regex implementation to C++ for use in native projects.

I also tried to make the API as simple and flexible as possible. While the implementation isn't anything special, the code is available at github in case someone else needs something similar.

No comments: